In this week’s show we carry on with our popular feature entitled “Travels round the Bay” where we feature Roundham Head and Gardens in Paignton. We also discuss opportunities with the Friends of Clennon Lakes who have joined together to volunteer their time to look after the area surrounding the Clennon Lakes with scrub clearance, path improvements and maintenance and enhancing wildlife opportunities.
We go onto share the story of Rue Mapp who started Outdoor Afro – an non-profit network built to connect the African-American community to nature and inspire outdoor leadership. They organise hikes, camping trips, cookouts, bike tours and even outdoor dance parties. Its mission is to help people realise they’re not alone and there’s a big, beautiful world out there.
Our next topic comes from watching a television programme about a social experiment at St Monica’s Trust care home to transform the lives of the elderly. Eleven residents at the care home and ten children from local nurseries shared activities and the physical and mental health of the care residents was monitored.
Our next subject is entitled “Conscious Choices” where we discuss our personal buying choices and the reasons behind them. In today’s show we focus on Personal Care products and David shares his views on how he personally determines which products to buy.
We go onto share an inspirational blog from a young blogger and volunteer who shares her own story on how she finds the time to volunteer and how she fits this into her own life.
We finish the show by talking about the upcoming partial eclipse and encourage listeners to think about what they want to change and to bring forward.
Listen to the full podcast here:
- The Style Council – Shout To The Top (Full Version)
- Jack Parlor – Vultures and Weasels
- Tori Amos – Sleeps With Butterflies
- James Taylor Quartet – Jungle Strut
- Juanes – Amame
- Jake Hall – Special
- Banderas This Is Your Life [Original Mix]
- Traveling Wilburys – Handle With Care [2007 Remastered LP Version]
- Jeff Lynnes ELO – When I Was a Boy
- Rick Astley – Pray With Me
- Leon Gieco – Alas De Tango
- Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat – Lucky
- Holst_ The Planets, Op.32 – 2. Venus, The Bringer Of Peace